Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade DF50 up to DF60 power?

Hi everybody...

I would like to know if there is option to upgrade DF50 to DF60 somehow....
    throe control box or any other mechanical way.
    Actually I was planing to make general overhaul because my engine is 3.000 work/h. Anyway why not to have more power if its possible.....

Originally posted by DenisBay View Post
    Hi everybody...

I would like to know if there is option to upgrade DF50 to DF60 somehow....
    throe control box or any other mechanical way.
    Actually I was planing to make general overhaul because my engine is 3.000 work/h. Anyway why not to have more power if its possible.....
    I have a DF 50 and its the same as a DF 40,the DF 60 is a completely different motor

Comment

Originally posted by maninjupiter View Post
      I have a DF 50 and its the same as a DF 40,the DF 60 is a completely different motor
      Yes that is correct DF 40/50 are three, DF60/70 are four cylinder engine but anyway I tought maybe there is maybe mechanical option ti increse engine power....

Comment

if you had a df40 and wanted the power of the df50 you could change out the main jets in the carb an get a good boost in power but less gas milage asd a result.

if you had a df60 and wanted the power of the df70 you could change out the main jets in the carb an get a good boost in power but less gas milage asd a result.

if you try the df60 jets in the df5 then it will likely not have the correct size carb opening to let in enough air to make the bigger jets work

Comment

[QUOTE=keakar;5941] main jets in the carb

DF40 / 50 / 60 has fuel injection system, no carbs

As said before, DF60 is 4-cylinder (until mj 2010) and totally different from 3-cylinder DF 40/50.

And even within same engine type at least controller, camshafts are different.

Comment

not worth the aggravation................. easy way to do this is get some friends lift off 50 hp motor then drop on 60 hp motor job done ................ any other way is just WOFTAM .

Comment

Originally posted by mitch View Post
              not worth the aggravation................. easy way to do this is get some friends lift off 50 hp motor then drop on 60 hp motor job done ................ any other way is just WOFTAM .

thanks for tips... If there is no simple solution, Ill rather stay with my SUZI 50HP....

Comment

DEAR SIR
                i have check engine light code 3-7 in outboard motor suzuki 2010 DF60A . PLEASE HELP ME WHAT DOES THE 3-7 check engine light with buzzer ?

Comment

Working...
                X