DF50 Hour meter reset itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF50 Hour meter reset itself

Hi. I don't know how (I haven't done anything - or had anything done - to my engine recently), but all of a sudden my hour counter has reset itself. One day it was functioning okay (approaching 600 hours), the next, nothing. Anyone had this problem before, or have any ideas how to fix it? The engine is running fine otherwise. Thanks!

Not sure which make or type of gauge you have but I haven't seen any do that.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

DF50 hours counter

Thanks. Your response prompted me to go after a decent manual for my Brazil-bought 2007 DF50. Now that I have finally tracked one down, I seem to have my explanation. But I'm still confused. Perhaps someone can put me right.

I had been told that the engine hours were indicated by the rev counter as follows - 100hrs=1000rpm, 200hrs 2000, 300hrs 3000 etc up to the limit of the rev counter (when it would come back to zero and start again). Now in the manual I have, it says that the regime is actually 100hrs=1000rpm, 200hrs 2000, 300hrs 4000; ; 400hrs 1000, 500hrs 2000, 600 hrs 4000, 700hrs 1000 etc.

Now, granted I don't pay that much attention to the system, as I service much more regularly than average and maintain another log for other purposes. But I could swear that the guage was climbing up happily in accordance with the original advice, and now at 600 it seems to have zeroed. Maybe I blinked and missed the 500hr marker or something, or maybe Suzuki were playing about when my model was released.

Can someone give me the definitive schema? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X