Problem with my 2010 DF175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my 2010 DF175

I am still just under 10 hrs on the motor and I am experiencing a problem. I have a 22ft bay boat and I am running a suzuki 3blade ss 16X20 prop. The performance is great and I am reaching 6250 RPM on the dot. However I was out fishing yesterday and it only did it a few times but as I am shifting it will sometimes cut off.....It fires right back up and the next time I shift it wont do it. Granted I probably shifted the motor 40 or so times during the course of the day and I only cut off 3 times. My questions is...Has anyone ever heard of this issue? Am I running too much prop for the engine? Or do I have a more serious problem? Can I adjust the idle up? I really am trying to avoid taking it to the dealer as I do not want to miss fishign time this week. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

worth a look

You have a wire that goes to your positve battery. It is fused. Once I had some issues becase I didn't have that terminal tightened very well. Did you also check to see if when it died that the fuel bulb had good suction on it? The only few times mine has ever died it was that bulb needed some squeezing.

Comment

The cables are very tight, The fuse is fine and my primer ball was rock hard. I have no problems hitting the button and it fires right up and doesnt do it the next time i shift.......very weird....someone told me that Im runnign a huge diameter prop and its bogging the engine down at idle speed and the idle needs to come up....is that possible??

Comment

You might have your delaer check the neutral and shift switches as well as idle.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I had that problem when I first had my engines installed. The dealer came with his laptop and changed something in the on board computer. Problem solved.
          He should do that under warrentee

Comment

I doubt very much that its a propellor issue. Some people dont appreciate the fact that the Suzuki's offset drive shaft results in a gearbox ratio that is designed to spin larger props than other brands.

Yours is getting max RPM very nicely, so it looks like youve got close to a perfect prop for your boat there already.

Cheers

ML

Comment

Working...
            X