Suzuki EFI 250 4 stroke stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki EFI 250 4 stroke stalling

I am fairly new to the boat world. I have a 2005 4 stoke on a 25 foot Everglades
    in. Fuel is water free The first problem I was having was that the motor would not run past 2000 RPM. I assumed it was in safe mode. Boat mechanic got it to work and ordered me a new neutral switch . I carry a multimeter on board. How can I check if my Neutral switch is working or bad? The second problem I had was when the boat would run then I would loose power all together, no buzzer nothing. After a few frustrating hours I found that the white wire on the starboard side had slipped out of the barrel connector and would touch occasionally getting me going again. Any other grounding wires that I can trouble shoot?

You can check continuity on neutral switch as switch opens and closes. Not sure if the loose wire solved problem but if not have the fuel pressure tested.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Had a similar problem with my DF200, main battery cable on the engine was loose.

Comment

Thanks fuel pressure is good. The loose wire was the ticket. I ordered the manual for that motor from you folks. What I am looking are some some trouble shooting tips primarily on electrical. Thanks for the input

Comment

that white wire is a power wire

Comment

Working...
          X