DF 40 Oil Pressure Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 40 Oil Pressure Light

DF 40, 2002. Oil light blinking, 2 continual intermittant beeps and rev limited activates at 3000rpms. I have change the oil, filter, oil pressure switch and performed the oil change reset ritual, all to no avail. Any suggestion to correct the problem would be appreciated.

For the limp mode to activate there has to be serious problems (overheat, over rev, low oil, etc). I recommend taking to your local dealer to have the computer diagnosed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

oil lamp blinks

i have the same prob. with a [used] DF200 i just got , found the pressure switch was bad , change it , same problem lamp blinking , revs limited . what did you find out ?

Comment

hi jonjon , what is the oil change reset ritual ? for i had changed oil also .

Comment

hey jonjon , i did the oil change reset thing and my problem solved . you can also verify your pressure with a mechanical guage which will elliminate oil pump and major issues . hope this helps .

Comment

ps. is your engine on boat ? i think there is a rev limiter in effect if you are in neutral .

Comment

DF 40 Oil Pressure Light

Never was able to solve the problem. I'm now waiting for a dockside mechanic.

Comment

Finally resolved the issue. The wiring harness was not properly secured. One wire had worked loose after 6 years of use. Reconnected the wire and all is well.

Comment

which wire was loose if you could tell us please? was it in a wire to wire connector or a connector to a specific sensor? thanks,

Comment

Working...
                  X