1985 DT55 Alarm at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 DT55 Alarm at startup

Hello everyone, Im new at this forum but so far what I have seen this is the best place to be for a suzuki owner. My question is, I just purchased a 1985 DT55 with a lower jet unit installed on it. When I first start it up I get a steady alarm sound for about 8 or so seconds untill finally going out. Is this normal? The motor runs fine, great power, no missing, no overheating or anything. I have read that this might be a water flow isssue and maybe I should replace the impeller. I have ordered one and should be here in a few days, but I was wondering if this alarm was normal at startup for the first couple seconds, like telling me that the sensors are working. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

I have the same 55/35 jet, the horn will sound until the powerhead is filled with water and the plastic float switch mounted in the head shuts it off. It's not a bad idea to rebuild the water pump on a motor that's new to you. Let me know if you need any info, it's a great little jet.

Comment

Originally posted by mphelle8vld View Post
      I have the same 55/35 jet, the horn will sound until the powerhead is filled with water and the plastic float switch mounted in the head shuts it off. It's not a bad idea to rebuild the water pump on a motor that's new to you. Let me know if you need any info, it's a great little jet.
      mphelle8vld, thank you for the quick reply. That is what I was wanting to hear. And yes, I am replacing the water pump just to be safe. I am very pleased with this motor so far. Seems to run awesome and has alot of power for a 55/35. Pushes my bass tracker 3 ,full of gear and 3 adults relatively well. Thanks again for everything.

Scott

Comment

I also have a suzuki dt55 but my problem is when i start the motor the alarm comes on for a bit then shuts off. when i put the motor in gear at wide open throttle the alarm comes back on and i loose horse power the engine bogs down. ive had the water pump rebuilt can anyone help me or give me an idea how to fix it so i can call the marina that my boat is at to tell them what to check. Thank you so much

Comment

Working...
        X