DT55 Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT55 Jet

I was wondering if my 1985 DT55 with a lower jet unit installed should have a tilt pin installed on it. It has power tilt so I wasnt sure. There is no pin on it now. The reason I am wondering is that on plane the boat seems to be plowing a little on the front end. Even when I run the boat with just myself sitting behind the console it seems to be nosing quite a bit. I thought maybe with a tilt pin installed on the last notch it might pick up the front end a bit more to plane better. As of now when the motor is fully down without a tilt pin it seems to be too low and the angle seems wrong.But I notice too that because of the power tilt that the lowest hole would not be able to be used anyway because the tilt pin would hit the cylinders. I havent tried to power tilt it slightly while on plane because I have read that the power tilt was not made for that. This is my first outboard with power tilt and I just dont want to do anything to harm the outboard. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again,

Scott

It's power tilt and trim so feel free to experiment with trimming up after your hole shot to adjust the angle of your ride. With the jet you will only have a few inches of trim before it will start to cavitate but it will make a big difference in the trim of the boat. If you start to hear the motor racing with no increase in thrust you need to bring the trim back down a little so the pump intake can receive more water, that's cavitation.

Comment

Thanks again for your quick response and knowledge, I will try to adjust the tilt slightly next time I am out.

Scott

Comment

Working...
      X