140HP Suzuki heat alarm between 4800 to 5000rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140HP Suzuki heat alarm between 4800 to 5000rpm

Hi. I have a 1983 140HP Suzuki that overheated.I overhauled the powerhead,rebored to 2nd oversize,new bearings, seals etc.The impeller was melted into the waterpump housing.Thought I might have picked up a plastic bag on intake.When the powerhead was off I noticed a hole in the exhaust-tube.Could this be the reason why it overheated in the first place?The alarm never went off because it came loose from the dash and got shoved under the seat,wet waterskiing bums and rust killed it.That's why we have kids,don't we?Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hole in exhaust may be from overheated or from corrosion but shouldn't cause engine to overheat.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

That sucks because it has a new impeller,waterpump housing,plate,new gaskets and grommets on the water pipe going to the power head.Any idea what can cause this.Thanks for the reply.

Pieter

Comment

If the blades of impeller were broken off then may have gotten into water passages causing a blockage.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I overhauled the motor.Rebored 2nd oversize,new pistons,rings,bearings,gaskets,you name it ,I replaced it.Surely any piece of rubber would have been noticed after all that.I attached a hose to waterpipe when powerhead was off and there was no blockage(strong stream came out with no rubber pieces)I guess you are as stumped as I am.Thanks for all the input.

Thanks again Pieter

Comment

Anybody out there that has had the same problem?

Comment

Working...
            X