DF115 2007 compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 2007 compression?

Hi all, can anyone please tell me what the compression should be on these engines? I bought a commercial lobster boat with twin Suzuki df115's on it, they have done about 2500 hrs each and I was wondering how long I should expect from them before replacement. They run great and compression varies from 165psi to 172psi.... Was wondering if this is still ok? Oil is very clean between changes and I change it every 200 hrs along with filter.... Any advice would be appreciated.... John

Should be about 185-242 with throttle plate open and no more than 14 psi difference between cylinders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

When you say throttle plate open.. What does that mean? When I did the test I only started the engines on tickover to do the test, I take it I should have revved it up? ( sorry I ain't the best with outboards, always diesel engines previously)

Comment

Yes need to open throttle to allow air in
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

With the engine running???????

Comment

Yeah, kinda sounds like we have some confusion here, huh? John241168, you need to remove ALL sparkplugs, open the throttle fully and crank the engine through 4-5 revolutions. Repeat for each of the four cylinders with a compression gauge. Would be a good idea to pull the fuel pump circuit breaker for the test or unplug the ECM. Use the compression numbers mentioned before in post #2.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I guess to be really fair, you say the engine runs fine, then just run it and forget the compression numbers, make a note of your findings and just compare them when you next do a compression test (using the same gauge and method) you ask how long it may run for, could be another couple thousand hours, might blow up next trip out, no one knows for sure.

Comment

Many thanks guys.... All your info is much appreciated...;-))

Comment

Working...
                X