1998 dt 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 dt 225

well I saved my pennies and I saved my dimes during another deployment and purchased a 24ft cc with a 98 DT 225.
    I took it staright to my mechanic to change waterpump and service lower unit check compression etc....etc...etc...
    well long story short is that the lower unit will not drop and shaft is stuck at the top end and it was explained to me that more than likely it was stuck due to lack of maintance and I get that but my mechanice explained that the top end could be lifted to break free ?
    My question is there any other options out there?
    Has anyone gone through this?

joe

There is no easy way and probably will end with a lot of damage. If can get enough pressure lifting powerhead up might get it broke loose.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

There is no extra force available by prying on the powerhead that you can't get by prying on the lower unit. Stupid question but there are 7 bolts...3 on each side and one under the tail zinc...are they all removed plus cotter pin and clevis pin holding the shift rod and shift link together

Comment

bet they missed bolt

There is one bolt underneath the little tab for yawl. You remove it and there is a bolt underneath. Don't know the name of that tab, sorry

Comment

Working...
        X