after market oil filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market oil filters

I live in Arizona and there is no suzuki dealer within 150 miles of me so I needed to change my oil filter rather than order a suzuki oil filter I found one at napa auto parts installed it and went to roosevelt make my milk runs got to the marina around noon walked out of the store and seen a big black oil slick around my boat checked it out and found a hole in the oil filter fine replaced it with the same filter and went to roosie again it was like I was dreaming but this time I didnt make it to the marina the same thing a1/16 hile in the filter but in a diffrent spot . has anybody had thais happen to them. the oil pressure is fine.thanks Steve

I use Amsoil Synthetic oil in my DF150, and also use their oil filter. Never had any problems.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

kind of sounds like it is either not a 100% cross match for the original filter, or it was fitted wrong (somehow)

Comment

My mechanic mentioned to me the other day that some non-genuine (sierra I think) oil filters have inferior o rings and he's seen a couple of cases where they have failed, oil has escaped and/or the filfer has spun itself off at high revs, and major engine damage caused.

For a few extra bucks, I'll be staying with the genuine ones.

You can get them online from Brownspoint Suzuki. Not expensive, and peace of mind.

Cheers

ML

Comment

Working...
        X