fuel pump df 50 leaking oil at fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump df 50 leaking oil at fuel pump

hello,. new here,... need help! my df 50 on pontoon is only running at 3000 rpms and running rough at that,. last trip out i barely limped it in,... found oil leaked out at fuel pump,...??? have had a similar issue before when oil was overflowing with gas,. boat mechanich changed fuel pump he said and drained everything and all has been well till now,. but this time instead of overflowing oil and gas,. im out of oil,. what gives? what do i do? i would like to do this myself if possible,. not much cash on hand these days,. i do believe there is gas mixed into the oil is what im trying to say,. but like i said it has all leaked out at fuel pump,." i believe"
    Last edited by fishjones; 03-28-2012, 05:09 PM.

Well if the only problem is your oil leaking out and not fuel leaking in, then you can change the fuel pump o-ring. This will seal the oil from leaking around the fuel pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks, i am replacing the o ring but fuel did get inside with the oil... i drained everything and now trying to get the fuel pump diaphram plunger apart to install new one but cannot get it apart. any help there?

Comment

Working...
      X