New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hello everybody. New here. I have been a happy owner of a 2002 DF140 for 2 years and with 526hrs (bought used at 400hrs)

I recently bought a 2001 DF 9.9 long shaft to use as a kicker for my boat for reassurance and trolling purposes. I got a good deal and engine compression is good, but I need to do a full tune up and the motor won't stay idling low in less fuel is pumped from the bulb or it is given mid to high throttle. I figure this is a carb or fuel pump problem and I will be solving these issues soon.

My main stupid question is where is the telltale (pee hole) on this motor!? I can not find it and I'm a little but not too concerned I don't see water coming out because I'm sure it needs a new water impeller. I have looked all over and even bought the repair manual which has no diagram of it.

Please help. Thanks! I hope to be able to give and recieve a lot of knowledge on this forum in the future.

Haha. Of course right after I post I find it. I guess I was looking for something a lot larger than the little one on this guy. I'm ordering all of my tune up parts and I'll let you guys know how everything goes. If I spend $150 or less to get this motor going I will be very happy. I'm hoping the water impeller is in bad shape or the lines are clogged and thats why I'm not getting water. As far as the fuel issue I'll start with a carb cleaning to rebuild and then fuel pump. Sound like a good plan?

Comment

Working...
    X