DF225 Fuel Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF225 Fuel Problem

I have a 2007 DF225. I have been experiencing a problem for about a week. The boat starts and runs fine first thing out. Sit for 30 minutes or more and it seems to be running out of fuel. It was a real bugger to get started several times last time out. I replaced the fuel line from the tank to the filter and filter to the "new" priming bulb.I took it to the shop for service. I got it back late yesterday. I went out around noon today. Full tank of gas.Started at the boat ramp and idled out of the harbor.I took off and everything was fine. I stopped to fish for about an hour. I cranked up and ran about a quarter mile and the engine died. It seemed to out of fuel. I pumped the bubble more than several times until it was firm. Started up put it in gear and it died again. Pumped the primer again and it started and ran fine. I have experienced this problem in the past but it never has happened on this many outings. It usually happens spring. I thought maybe it was water in the fuel.What should I look for?

Just a chance, but look at this thread http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...odd-start.html and see if it might fit your situation. Consider it especially if you have electrical equipment that you leave on while shut down, or if the battery(s) is/are a couple years old. You have the same sub battery cable on your DF225 as I mention in this thread. You really shouldn't have to pump the primer bulb on any fuel injected motor, but it also shouldn't be soft when you do, unless you just did maintenance on the fuel system, as in changing out a fuel/water separator, etc.
    Last edited by Harper; 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
    X