Does this water pickup pipe need replacing? 85 DT30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this water pickup pipe need replacing? 85 DT30

I am having a problem with water pickup on my 85 DT30, I have removed gearbox and impeller seems to be pumping fine, when assembled the water is just pumped into leg, I noticed the pickup pipe is cut on an angle, is this correct, also it seems a bit corroded, see pic, does this pipe need replacing?, if so, how does it come out?
    Thanks in advance

[IMG][/IMG]

yes its normal to be angled that way so when you put it together it guides itself into the rubber seal properly.

check if the rubber seal is soft and not hard, if its hard its not sealing and should be replaced.

the water tube has a lot of corrosion in and on it so i would say since i cant look at it in my hand to indicate otherwise then based on your description and what i see in the pictures, replace it

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the rubber is a bit hard, was going to change it anyway.
      How do I get the pipe out?

Comment

well its as difficult as it looks, it comes out from the top so the engine must be seperated from the engine holder which must be seperated from the midsection. then the pipe can be unbolted from the engine holder, if you are lucky maybe its not too corroded to be unbolted without snapping off the bolts.

while you are under there replace the water relief valve, its the only time you will ever be in there to do it so definately replace that anytime you get that far into the midsection

Comment

Thanks, I was worried you would say that lol

Comment

Working...
          X