Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4 exhaust gas from tell tale

G,day,
    I have just replaced the impellor on my sons 1989 dt4 as the water flow from the tell tale wasnt great. I reassembled the engine and the engine fired first time with good water flow.
    However on reinstalling the clutch cover plate the water flow stopped and exahust gas only is coming out. If I open the cover water flows again.
    The rubber stopper on the pipe connector at the base of the water supply tube to the head is not in great condition. Is that the problem?
    I have done a lot of google'ing and have seen various posts on similar issues but all appear to have diffrent answers ranging from salt/ corrosion build ups to head gaskets.
    Engine is running fine, spark plug in good condition, only running in bucket of water but will pump water only with cover of?
    Any ideas?

Could be any number of places, water pump housing seals, water tube and seals, head gasket or blocked exhaust passages.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

HI Mallablue,

Did you end up finding the problem? I've read heaps about this as I have the same trouble here, replaced all power head gaskets etc but still no go...

Cheers,
      Thomas

Comment

Working...
      X