Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 DF 115 shutting off intermittently

All,

04 DF 115, wouldn't start, when it did start it wouldn't stay running. I drained the VST and it was full of rust particles and other junk. So I replaced the low pressure pump and filter, as well as the hi pressure pump and filter (VST), new gasket on the intake manifold of course, also bought a new oem Suzuki bulb, and a new prefilter/water separator. Lines are all good.

Starts and idles perfectly when on the muffs, after around 15 minutes it will sometimes stall. During on the water testing it will just stop, and then restart no problem. Yes the tank vent is open, PS- it was also throwing a code for one of the sensors, so that was replaced during all this as well. It doesn't throw a code currently by the way.

One more thing, this engine had a battery cable that was repaired on the water in a rather haphazard way, vice grips on the terminal post holding bare metal strands onto the battery post. So that when these guys were trying to start the motor it would sometimes (the battery cable) would glow red hot.

No I'm not making this up.

So here's my question, could this cable have fried some part of the CPU? I mean, the CPU, it either works or it doesn't right? or is there some kind of...don't know.. weird electrical mode that would allow the engine to operate normally then just..don't know, stop the VST hi press electric fuel pump from turning on and refilling?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Well an electrical spike to the system can damage the ECU. Check all your connections as well as the safety kill switch. Vibrations could be jarring the safety switch.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X