Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 DT25C Pulsar Coil Question

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board and I need some expertise. I am in the process of getting a 1995 DT25C up and running after sitting idle for awhile. I've gone through the motor and it runs OK, but I'm still trying to tweak it to run right.

I have some issues to address but in tracking down a bad coil under the magneto I checked the air gap on the three pulsar coils. My Clymer manual says, that, the air gap should be set to 0.003. However, when I check the three coils they all measured out at around 0.020. I'm the original owner of the motor and I know that nobody has worked on these. So, they came from the factory adjusted to 0.020. Is the Clymer manual wrong on the gap?

What is the correct air gap for this motor? Should I leave the air gaps as they originally came from Suzuki, or do they need to be readjusted to a different spec?

I don't have the manual on that motor but other models air gap is .020.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Well that confirms the factory setting on the coils, as they are already at 0.020 and haven't been touched to the best of my knowledge since I bought the motor new.

I appreciate the answer...anyone else want to weigh in?

Comment

1995 DT25c Coil?

Would like to know if schnewj fixed his motor by using the coil described as 32140-95D10 Coil, Ignition Model:94~00 . I have the same engine and its acting the same as his.

Comment

Working...
        X