2005 df140 lost power to ignition and tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 df140 lost power to ignition and tilt

hello all .... ive lost power to ignition and front and center tilt. tilt still works on motor and all accessories still working. 60 amp and 30 amp fuses in motor good. 10 amp fuse in center console was blown and replaced. any help greatly appreciated. keith

Keith, I have just gone through the same situation with my 2008 DF175. When I picked it up from winter storage I had no ignition switch response and no TnT at the helm. Had TnT at the engine. All fuses were good so I spliced into the white wire at the ignition and ran a wire directly to the positive terminal on the battery and that worked.

Somewhere at your battery there should be a white wire that is attached to the + terminal on the battery. It supplies power to the ECM and completes the circuit at the ignition switch. My problem was that the white wire had corroded at the battery and fell between the 2 starting batteries and I could not see it. Happened over the winter I guess.

At any rate I cleaned the terminals and attached a new solderless ring terminal to the white wire and connected to the battery. Everything is now back to normal. That white wire is critical to completing the circuit and if it is disconnected or has low voltage you will have a problem. Take a look around for the white wire and see if there is a problem. There are numerous threads about it on the boating forums.

Comment

x 2 what the duck said

Comment

Working...
      X