Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster and need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster and need some help!

So, I have a 2007 DF15 outboard engine. The issue I'm having is this...

I'd like to charge my trolling motor from the outboard motor, the issue is that I'm having a 6volt (yellow) wire coming from the engine that is capped off. Then I have (what seems to me and from what I've gathered by others) is a black cable and red cable that is meant to be for a starter for the motor.

I would like to know if there is a way to reverse this or if there is a secondary power source for 12 volts, I'm just at a wall thinking that a new engine like this only has an output of 6 volts and the last thing I'd like to do is to ruin the computer.

Thank you for anyone that can help me.

There should be a wire that comes off the voltage ret/reg that will hook to the power side of the starter relay. This will charge the battery.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      There should be a wire that comes off the voltage ret/reg that will hook to the power side of the starter relay. This will charge the battery.
      Well I have a pull start motor that has an optional stater system. I run the pull system and do not utilize the electric start function so the wires are simply there.

Will there still be some sort of relay or wiring I'd be able to hook up to?

-Mark

Comment

please can someone help me with this.

Pull start system, wanting to charge trolling motor while using outboard?

-Mark

Comment

If the electric start was added later, chances are it does not have a charge circuit! unless it was a complete genuine starter conversion kit.

Comment

If you do have a voltage ret/reg then there should be a power wire. Just hook to this power wire. If there is not a voltage ret/reg then you will need to convert to electric start for the charging system.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X