Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem suzuki dt 140 year 1987

hi everybody,

i'm writing from south of france, so i hope you will be clement with my english. A few weeks ago,while i was sailing the oil alarm rang and a few days after, the engine was blocked. I've dissassembled the cylinders heads and the exhaust plate : no leak or crack but there was sea water "only" in the lower cylinder
    As you can see on the files in attachments, i've disassembled the 8 vis ,n°15 on the page driveshaft housing page and the 2 nuts n°40 on the crankcase page. But i still can't move the cylinder crankcase.
    Is there something i've missed or forgotten, ... ?

Any info is appreciated.

Regards
    Attached Files

The crankshaft bearings must be seized.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

i don't thimk so, the crankshaft can move manually.
      The next step is to verify the lower sealing of the crankshaft. Any idea on the way to follow ?

regards

Comment

you can drop the lower unit and check
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

You must remove the intake cover and reed cages. Underneath you will find more bolts that holds the crankcase

Comment

hi,

you can see on the pictures what i've found : a mixture of rust and salt. As it was supposed by boats.net, the bearings are in a dirty state.
            I'm preparing the cost of the repair to see if it is really interesting.

Do you know a website where they sell a complete power head reman, second hand or new ?

Thanks for your advices
            Attached Files
            Last edited by vintageus66; 05-19-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X