DF 140 water damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 water damage

I have a 2006 DF 140 which has been serviced by a Suzuki agent every year. This year the service was started in February, when the engine was found to have taken in water from the exhaust side and salt water had corroded all four cylinders! Neither the agent nor Suzuki could give a reason for the failure. This has left me with a massive repair bill and it is questionable whether it is economic to have the repair carried out. Is this a common problem with this engine?
    Last edited by Mark Snape; 05-06-2012, 10:58 AM.

They are known for corroding between the water port and the exhaust system, this maybe your cause.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a '05 version of the same engine, and I have never heard of such a problem. When you say, "was found to have taken in water", what exactly does that mean? Was it under water at any time, kept on a moring in rough water, etc. I am afraid we need more details before we can begin to understand what might have happened.

Comment

Thanks. It is winterised in a marina on tilt so no waves or fast reversing so has not been under water at all. It is on a Beneteau 650 and has only done 125 hours so it seems there is a fundamental fault that no one will admit to!

Comment

Working...
        X