1996 dt225 no spark on cyls 2,4,6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 dt225 no spark on cyls 2,4,6

hey guys i have a dt225 with no spark on #2,4,6. stator output(unloaded) is about 140v on my dva meter. does anyone know the spec of this, (between green & blk/red),the pulse coils, gearcounter? they all seem to be putting out. Hmmm could it be the ignition control module or the cdi module. please help & thanks in advance for any help!

Yes, the CDI is the only ignition part that cannot be tested.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

how do i check the output voltage from the ignition control module to the CDI with my DVA meter, to tell if the CDI is being triggered on all six? the input to the ICM is good, with all three pulse coils delivering about 10v.I cannot get a good reading at the out put of the ICM please help, these parts are way too expensive to just guess.

Comment

Usually the CDI cannot be tested with specialized equipement if at all.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Usually the CDI cannot be tested with specialized equipement if at all.
          i'm not trying to test the cdi box, i am trying to test the input to it . i already know that the stator input is good to the cdi. and i already know that the pulse coils are good, but they pass through the ICM before going into the cdi. this is what i need a procedure for, measuring the ICM out/cdi in trigger voltages. this point is a six pin connector. there must be a way to measure these voltages to determine ,for sure, whether it is the ICM or the cdi causing the no spark condition on the port bank only-no spark on cyls 2'4'6. thank you for any help!

Comment

CDI output 165V or over
            Charge coil 135V or over
            Pulsor Coils 2V or over
            at cranking with a DVA meter.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you for all your help.

Comment

I have installed a cdi box- fixed it!