Exhaust Port Leak at the engine holder location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Port Leak at the engine holder location

I have a 2001 115hp and right at the bolt it corroded through. Reading on line looks Suzuki became aware of the problem in 2003, had i know i could have had it fixed under warranty, but i am sure now there is nothing they will do. Being told it is a $2300 fix? Talked to a shop that is willing to do it for labor if I get the parts.

Does anyone know the exact parts i will need?

Thank you,

There are some people who have taken the plug out and had a welder weld an aluminum plug in place of the steel plug. Probably a $100-$200 fix. There are several threads that you could search for more info. I would try a Google search for "Suzuki Engine Holder Corrosion" and see what you come up with. I have read several posts on this in the last 2 weeks on another forum. In those they outline how to go about fixing it. You may end up going with the engine holder replacement, but you might want to consider the alternatives.

BTW the replacement engine holder section has eliminated the steel plug which has caused all the problems.

Comment

KS, Take a look at this thread. It shows the repair that I mentioned above.

Suzuki DF140 "engine holder" corrosion fix! - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Comment

Working...
      X