DF175 stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF175 stalls

I have a 2010 DF175 on a 2011 Parker 21SE I just bought used. It has less than 100 hours now. Sometimes it will stall out while running. Last trip out it stalled about 10 times after running about 10 miles. It restarts okay. Coming back in that night it never stalled again. The previous trip I ran it 55 miles never stalled. Trip before that started stalling out after running about 5 miles several times then no stalling out. It does not matter if it is slick calm or really rough out. I have had the boat out about 15 or so times, in the begining no stalling but has become more often and stalling more times. On the last trip I have noticed a beep right before it stalls and after cutting off 2 quick beeps. I pulled the water seperator off this morning, fuel looked fine no water.

Need to have it checked with diagnostic to see if has any fault codes, get fuel vacumn and pressure test done to see if getting enough fuel.
    Last edited by boats.net; 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Took it in to the shop, no codes from computer. They ran some no problem found. Took it out again and it stalled for them. Found the primmer bulb collapsing in. replaced it with a Yamaha bulb, going to take it out tonight after work for sea trials. Suzuki bulb is really soft.
      Last edited by Wes Blow; 05-19-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I ran the boat 25 miles Saturday night no stalling. Today went 8 miles anchored for 5 hours then ran 10 miles stalled out 4 times, always starts back up. Anchored up and fished about 6 hours moved around a couple times then ran back in about 18 miles never stalled out coming back in. ?

Comment

If the primer bulb is sucking flat then may have a fuel restriction in fuel lines, antisiphon valve or pickup in gas tank, if have a 6 gallon portable gas tank run on it to see if runs ok.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

If not your primer bulb (can we assume it no longer collapses?), then check the white sub-battery cable (runs from battery to ECM power relay), and check state of charge on the battery or batteries. There are numerous write-ups on the web concerning the sensitivity of the ECM on the large Suzuki OBs to even slightly low battery charges and any corrosion or other seemingly minor problems with the infamous "white wire." I've experienced starting problems myself attributable to this issue.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
              If not your primer bulb (can we assume it no longer collapses?), then check the white sub-battery cable (runs from battery to ECM power relay), and check state of charge on the battery or batteries. There are numerous write-ups on the web concerning the sensitivity of the ECM on the large Suzuki OBs to even slightly low battery charges and any corrosion or other seemingly minor problems with the infamous "white wire." I've experienced starting problems myself attributable to this issue.
              Thanks for input.

I don't think the bulb collasped. The Yamaha primer bulb is very firm. I will mention the white wire when I take it back in next week. It does not have trouble restarting it just stalls out. The shop said something about the 3rd filter on the motor might be the cause when I called them about the 4 stalls on previous trip.

I ran 40 miles last night no stalling while running. It did cut off one time putting in and out of gear staying up current close to a bridge one time last night.

Comment

update

Since my last post on the stalling the problem continued along with my repair shop spending alot of time trying to fix it. They contacted Suzuki again and told them all they had done checking gas, electrical and driving boat with computer hooked up for many hours and did find the problem. Suzuki sent them a replacement ECM for it after hearing all that had been done. I took the boat in ready to drop off when thew ECM came in and they siad they would put it on while I waited. It took about 10 minutes to hook up computer and print out 3 pages of stuff from my motor then replace the ECM. I was right at the boat while the work was done on 8/1/2012. It has not stalled while running since, it is showing about 55-60 hours since the new ECM was installed.

Comment

Good to hear that the problem seems to be solved. Pretty rare to have ECM failures, but it does happen.

Cheers

ML

Comment

Working...
                  X