Fuel Pressure Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure Problem

Mechanic says that the electric pump in the Fuel Vapor Separator seems weak and may need replacing. But cannot tell me anything about how much flow rate or psi this unit should produce. Can someone tell me where to find this information for a 2003 DF40. What are the factory specs.
    For the cost involved I would like to know it is bad not just seems weak in someones opinion. I am not prepared to say okay to that much cost for trial and error.
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by jimd175; 05-20-2012, 01:00 PM.

vst filter just needs a clean not pump replacement

Comment

Every thing has been flushed and cleaned. Fuel tank removed drained and cleaned, Filters replaced before turning it over to the mechanics.

Comment

did you clean the filter in the vst ?

no 9 here http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...%29/parts.html
        Last edited by mitch; 05-22-2012, 05:23 AM.

Comment

VST is supposedly apart cleaned and waiting for me to okay expense of additional $370.00 for Electric Fuel Pump that seems to have low pressure. But no one can say how much pressure the pump alone should have or the flow rate.

Comment

The mechanic doing the job can't give you any specs or a reference ..that seems questionable I would try to pin him down..if he balks then he is not reliable

Comment

Fuel pressure at idle should be 36 psi.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

pressure regulator ( number 13 in parts list) sets pressure not pump.... it only provides fuel flow. has he checked the regulator?
                Last edited by mitch; 05-25-2012, 05:07 AM.

Comment

New Mechanic Onboard

Thanks for the feed back on this issue. Have changed mechanics should be corrected soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X