01 dt150 no fuel #2 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 dt150 no fuel #2 cylinder

ok #2 cylinder is not getting fuel. I have done the injector cleaning through a company. Installed. New spark plug in cylinder is clean. no fuel or oil or any signs of combustion. tested injector and it clicks(?). Could ecm be bad in just one injector? Help?

I would suspect and inspect the connection from injector to ecm if I was sure the injector was good and if I knew fuel wasn't getting to the cyclinder.

Could be a bad connector where it plugs into the injector or something going on with the wires. Try taking a 12v test light, unplug the connector and make a connection from terminal to terminal on the connector and start the engine. If the light doesn't illuminate with with each pulse. Go on and test by placing the test light from wire to wire, starting by the connector and working your way towards the ecm. If it illuminates when testing close to the connector, its probably going to be the problem.

Comment

Before you do this though, make sure your engine won't be damaged by running it without fuel/oil mixture going to the cylinder.

Comment

REMEMBER..your 2 stroke fuel injection is not like a car. The injectors do NOT fire directly into the cylinders. The injectors fire into the crankcase , spraying the fuel/oil mix onto the bearings of the crank. This pressurizes the crankcase and this total pressurized air /fuel mix is forced into the cylinder when the piston sucks in the mix when it passes the open the ports in the side of the cylinder wall. I don't think a single injector failure will show up as a single cylinder failure. I would do a compression test to see if you have a head gasket issue

Comment

compression test results, whats it mean?

Ok. I have compression tested v6 dt150. starting with top right cylinder (#1)
          This was done on a cold engine. I know results will be lower but even still...

#1 15 psi
          #2 60 psi
          #3 85 psi
          #4 100 psi
          #5 100 psi
          #6 100 psi

also bought one of those stethoscopes with the rod and all injectors are clicking while engine turning over. Dont think its the ecm.

What do now. head gaskets?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fitz937 View Post
            Ok. I have compression tested v6 dt150. starting with top right cylinder (#1)
            This was done on a cold engine. I know results will be lower but even still...

#1 15 psi
            #2 60 psi
            #3 85 psi
            #4 100 psi
            #5 100 psi
            #6 100 psi

also bought one of those stethoscopes with the rod and all injectors are clicking while engine turning over. Dont think its the ecm.

What do now. head gaskets?

Thanks
            Ouch on cylinders 1, 2 and 3!

Seaox is right. I forgot that the injectors don't fire directly to the cylinder on 2 strokes, unless its a HPDI, but these are not that kind.

Comment

took off heads

took off heads and cylinder 1 had severe damage to the head gasket (looked like a rat went to town!) cylinder 2 had damage (looked a rat just started to knibble) and cylinder 3 had a leak between the gasket. Cylinder walls looked great! #1 had rust stains and carbon in the other ones. Really lucky. I am replacing all gaskets, thermostats, and water pump. think that may be just the ticket. I might add that the damage to gaskets on #1 and 2 were to the outside of each gasket. I know last year the impellor was replaced because it broke on the lake. Daughter had a tow. Boyfriend replaced impeller. May be the cause. Anyways. Thanks all for the great help and advice!!!!!!

Comment

I know this is a old post but I thought I would bring it up since mine is having the same issue but only #4 cylinder and the spark plug looks like it was just removed for the package after 4hr on the water. No fuel or oil on the plug it’s dry.
                injector was tested and all seems to be working. I have not done a compression test but even if it’s low you would think it would just be covered in fuel and oil.

Comment

Working...
                X