1999 df70 running hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 df70 running hot

I have a 1999 df70 thats making me crazy, it started having a weak stream and the manifold felt hot to the touch so I took it out and replaced the waterpump, I normally do this once a year so I allready had one, well even with new water pump waek stream and really hot manifold, so I tok the hose loose from the bottom of them manifold cleaned everything nothing blocking the stream, so I pulled the manifold and replaced the gasket I had a very small leak I wanted to fix anyway, still the manifold is getting really hot. pulled the water valve and the themostat checked them and I even put everything back together without the water valve and themostat to see if ether one was blocking the flow, still weak stream and hot manifold, I put yet another water pump in made sure fins were going the right direction. I am stumped its now without any thermostat or water valve and I still dont seem to be moving water. Please anyone will I have a few strands of hair left

Try blowing compressed air through the water system, keep the valve in because that controls the water pressure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

i will try that first of the week is it ok to leave out the thermostat i run in 75 to 80 degree water

Comment

You should put them back in, but you can wait till after you find your problem.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

once the water is pushed higher than the water tube comming from the water pump where does it go is it a chamber under the manifold I am loosing alot of water out of the bolts where u disconect the lower unit should there be that much water in the middle unit

Comment

Working...
          X