1999 DF70 LIMIT light flashing 5 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DF70 LIMIT light flashing 5 times

My LIMIT light flashes 5 times, on the Multi-Tach, right after I turn the key into the on position and after the normal long continuous beep. This is before actually starting the engine.

The Engine runs great 99% of the time. However very randomly, maybe 1-2 times per 6 hour day, only under WOT or near WOT the engine seems to lose power and won't rev over 3000 a 4000 RPM. The REV Limit beep or light never comes on.

To fix the issue I just turn the engine off and start it up again and I'm go to go again.

The only other time that I can recall losing power was when I was using a portage gas tank and forgot to open the air valve. I now have the engine mount on a new boat with a factory built in gas tank.

Not sue is the two issues are related or not, just looking for ideas. But, like I say it runs great 99% of the time.
    Last edited by Spr3422; 05-29-2012, 01:00 PM.

It may be going into safe mode, would need to have check with diagnostic to see if have a fault code.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Boat is at the Dealer right now. They figure it's just that I have been over revving the engine which is both activating the limit light as well put it into safety mode.

I going to change the prop from 15 pitch to a 18.

Hope this works out, will keep updating.

Comment

Working...
      X