bogus Alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogus Alarms

Hey guys i need some help. I have a 2008 175 suzuki 4stroke the problem I'm having is that it keeps throwing out high temp, over rev, and a few others alarms while idling . I've had it looked at by a Suzuki mechanic and he says the computer on the engine comes back clean and can't find anything else wrong . Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution to fix it. Thanks

That is unusual that the alarms go off without any codes on the computer.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Its very frustrating! When it throws out a high temp alarm or oil pressure alarm it will only alllow the engine to run at 3800 rpm. I will have to turn engine off and let it reset the computer. Funny thing is it only does it while idling. I'm wondering if it could be a voltage problem.

Comment

Try changing the water pump impeller. Maybe it is a bit worn.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I've had all the factory recommend maintence done on the engine. It has less than 400 hrs on it. Im wondering if its a voltage problem. I had a minn kota alternator charger hooked to the main battery then ran to my trolling motor batteries to charge them while engine is running. I disconnected charger and did notice a little less problem with alarms. Could it be and electrical problem. Or a bad computer on my engine?

Comment

Check for loose wires and grounds on engine, may need to test each wire in engine harness for continuity and shorts to ground.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X