Where to connect Flush attachment for DF4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to connect Flush attachment for DF4

This may sound ridiculous and I am sorry but I need to be absolutely sure that I can't connect my flush attachment (part number 55181-95200) TO THE WRONG PLACE.

Underneath the motor there are several bolts and screws in the exact area that the manual points to.
    There are two bolts which hold on the back handle (obviously not the place), six silver bolts all look like they are holding the unit together, one torks/star bolt (thread won't allow me to spell torks correctly), which I thought was it but when I tried the flusher, the thread was way off.

Lastly, and this is what I am hoping to confirm, there is a black bolt, with a phillips head. I unscrewed that bolt and the flushing attachment threads fit perfectly. Did I finally stumble on the right place? Can you imagine running a garden hose in the wrong spot?

I attribute this confusion to my own ignorance of the matter, but Suzuki needs to do a much better job with their manuals because this one is awful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Rick

It's under engine on rear underneath lifting handle, I don't have a clear picture to post either. Number 5 in this diagram 2004 DF4 Suzuki Marine Outboard DRIVE SHAFT HOUSING Diagram and Parts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the diagram.

Although it leads me to believe I found the right spot, it still isn't conclusive as the diagram has # 19 in almost the identical spot as # 5, the place we both feel is where the flush attachment goes. They add to the confusion with vague and inconclusive descriptions of parts.

Maybe I need to take a different approach to my question.

What are the chances that there would be two bolts/screws, etc. in the immediate vicinity of #5 & # 19 on this or any diagram of this motor, that would accommodate the flush attachment?

I have removed almost everything and so far only one location fits. I know I seem a bit too concerned, but imagine flooding the wrong area with water.

Thanks Again

Rick

Comment

Working...
      X