df 70 dieing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 70 dieing

my 1999 df 70 starts perfect idles good, but after it runs for 10 minutes or so it will die, or if you try to get up on plane it will die, allso if run the high idle i will start to get a alarm beep every 5 to 8 seconds after about 5 minutes. it has new plugs,new fuel filters high and low, new water pump and its pumping a very good stream, but the exhaust manifold seems hot so I took a infrared therm gun and checked it the manifold red between 165 to 175 at the top. any ideas
    thank you all

allso i ment to say when it dies i can pump the bulb and i will start right back up, and it does have a new bulb

Comment

You could have a fuel pump problem, check the fuel pressure. You should also take your motor to an authorized Suzuki Dealer and have the computer diagnosed, this will narrow your search.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I know I plan on taking it they are just 4 weeks behind. just was hoping to get some use out of her this summer, does 170 sound to hot for the exhaust manifold

Comment

Not for the exhaust manifold, but the water temp should be around 140-160 F.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X