DF140 Low fuel/power issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 Low fuel/power issue

Think I know what the issue is, but wanted to get a second opinion from the pros.
    Just returned from a week in teh keys, I rarely run my boat above 5000rpms and rarely let it get below a half a tank a fuel. Down there with long runs I let the fuel get down there and run the motor a little harder. Ran fine for the first three days, fuel got around a half a tank and I pushed the motor to about 5500rpms and it acted like it wasn't getting any fuel, it would hiccup and back down, it would run fine around 4000-4500 but struggled in the higher rpm ranges. I filled the tank up, took 18 gallons in a 40 gallon tank, ran it up to 6000rpms and never missed a beat. I'm thinking I have a cracked pick up hose in the fuel tank and it is sucking air, not getting enough fuel, when I ask it for higher rpms. A second opinion would be great, I am not familiar with what the pick up hose looks like in my tank, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

It could be an air leak anywhere from the tank to the engine, or it could be a weak low pressure fuel pump. If you pump the bulb when it is acting up, does that eliminate the problem?

Comment

Never tried it, but I sure will. A buddy suggested teh same thing but after getting it filled with fuel I could not simulate it again, I will have to burn some gas first then I will try it again. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X