DT 115 surging then dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 115 surging then dying

My friends Dt115 1999 would not idle worth a crap. So I took fuel sample, no water. I also have a Dt140 w/ a scraped lower unit, every thing else runs beautifully. So i started with some parts changing, I know, not the proper way. Anyway, I started w/ filter for VST, new fuel hoses, fuel filter, and replaced quick connects and pickup fitting on tank (no anti siphon). Idled great, first crank. But after about 1-2 min it would drop from 800rpm to 400, just for a second or two, and would return to 800. If left alone it will do this several times an die. Would restart with no problem. So I swapped out fuel press. regulator, no chng., fuel pump (hp) no chng., battery at 12.8v. ran on test tank. Could the TPS or MAP sensors cause this ? Or should I continue running diagnostics? Thanks...

Run a compression test, check fire on each cylinder with timing light while running to see if dropping a cylinder.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Took compression chk, 140 on 1&2, and 138 on 3&4. When i removed the plugs, I noticed they were Autolite,not NGK. So for the mean time I replaced them with the ones from the 140. Ran a lot better at idle but still not right. I think I may have found the problem though. I pulled the low pressure pump and pumped the primer bulb, and sure enough, fuel came out of the orifice. Im going to replace the plugs and rebuild the pump tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X