1978 DT65 no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 DT65 no spark

I just bought a boat a couple weeks ago and it came with a DT65 mounted on the back. The guy I bought it from decided to rip the lower unit into pieces. I ordered some hard to find parts put it back together and went to try and start it. It cranks but I can't get any spark and I can't find the emergency switch anywhere. I get voltage to the CDI but I can't get any voltage out. Does anyone know how to test the CDI and what color wires are suppose to go to the emergency switch? Does anyone have a real service manual? This is the last thing before I can get on the water.

I don't have a service manual on that model, might try Genuine Suzuki Manuals
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

no spark

I have a 1979 DT50 with no spark as well,
      I found a N.O.S. CDI and rectifier and will now proceed to the pick up coils
      (stator assembly)
      under the flywheel. Have you checked for current at the red/blue and blue/red
      wires coming out from under the flywheel during cranking? if you have it, check the white wire out of the rectifier, that's the last spot before the coil.
      My safety switch is on the throttle side of the motor and is fed by the yellow
      and brown wires, you need to be sure it's firmly depressed when in the neutral
      position.
      If there's an emergency on the motor, I haven't found mine yet.

Comment

Working...
      X