DF175 water pump problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF175 water pump problems

I want to change the water pump impeller, but when I remove the screw of gear box, I cannot pull it out. Seem somethings stuck. Anyone have the same experience? And how to solve it?

Not sure what screw you are trying to take out, need to remove gearcase and water pump mounts over drive shaft.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Access to the water pump requires the dropping of the lower unit. Dropping the lower unit requires that you remove seven bolts, six on the outside of the case, and one under the trim tab.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

yes, I have remove all the screw, the engineer said seem to be the clutch rod is stuck. Anyone have the same experience? The engineer told me this is the third DF175 he got this problems. He said if the drive shaft hit somethings during the boat run, It will happens like this. But I am sure I don't hit anythings. So I cannot change the water pumps, the engineer said it may need to cut the clutch rod. And other good suggestion?

Comment

That clutch rod should drop down after all bolts have been removed, verify you have not missed one. Do not forget the one under the trim tab (you will need to remove to get to bolt)
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

i will try again....hope can drop down the whole gear box and change the impeller....

Comment

i remove all screw, but still cannot drop down the gear box

Comment

According to the DF 50 service manual, you need first to separate the clutch rod from the shift rod, as follows
                "loosen the clutch rod lock nut then unscrew the turnbuckle 2."

Don't know if this applies to the DF175 as well

Comment

It doesn't.
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                  X