df 175 codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 175 codes

Help! - there is no dealer in my area (remote alaska) I have twin 175 df (2007)
    one is running erraticly - feels like a fuel filter or air in fuel problem.. 4 times now I've gotten a code - flash/flash/pause/flash. The code seems to disappear when I change the throttle setting. My book tells me it's a TPS - but the dealer I called said there was no such thing(!) what should I do next?

standing by

Comment

Well, this dang forum screwed up again (are you listening, super moderator?)....I just posted a long reply, and the submission showed complete, but the whole thing is gone somewhere into cyberspace........so guess I'll try again. You are right. The code indicates a fault with the TPS. Sounds like a bad spot in the variable resistor in the TPS. I cannot find any parts blowup online that shows a TPS, but it is mounted on the front side of the throttle body, as the attached picture shows (red arrow). Perhaps that's why you were told "no such thing." If the guy who said that was a certified mechanic, I'd find another mechanic. You should be able to check the TPS with an ohm meter. looking for a smooth change in resistance as you open the throttle (unplug the TPS and do the check with the motor and key off). If you find a "flat" spot in the variable resistor as you open the throttle, then you'll know. But I have no idea how you'd go about obtaining a replacement.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Harper; 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

In looking at the service manual, pg 3-59 shows the procedure for checking the TPS, but unfortunately, indicates that you can't do any adjustments, and seems to imply that since it is "precisely set" at the factory, you cannot buy the TPS separately, and must replace the entire throttle body assy to the tune of almost $700 .....figures........
        Last edited by Harper; 07-20-2012, 12:31 AM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

james is that your correct email addy i can send you some that may help

Comment

Hello Mitch
            I just received your reply and advice from the forum a few minutes ago... It would be hard to explain. I'm still having the problem with the tps code on my 175 DF. If you have any ideas, it could be very helpful. I've gotten some help from other members - my mechanic is gone, I'm it. Wish me luck.
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X