Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT115-140 - 2 questions?

Hi, looking at picking up a used DT140 and I have 2 questions:

1. can the 25" leg models be shortened to 20" by removing the lower unit and the 5" spacer and then installing a lower unit from a 20" model? I have heard this is possible.

2. Are single binnacle controls for the DT motors available? Or is there an adapter for the current single binnacle unit that Suzuki markets?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

tm530@aol.com

Anyone out there who can give me some info?

Comment

Yes, you can shorten the 25" models by doing that. You will need to purchase a shorter shift shaft though. Single binnacle controls are available. You can use the dual setup as long as the harness plugs in. If it does not, the you will need to purchase the single binnacle control box setup.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for confirming the lower unit question. When you say purchase a new shift shaft, do you mean for the existing lower that I'm removing? Or for the replacement lower that is from a 20" motor? Are you saying I can replace the shift shaft on the original leg and use it?

On the single binnacle: I know Suzuki made single binnacles for the DT series motors, I'm just having a hard time finding one. Are their new single binnacle units compatible? I thought they were only for use on the newer wiring harnesses?

Thank You!
        Tom

Comment

You will need a shorter shift shaft for the shorter shaft conversion.

2004 DF200 Suzuki Marine Outboard OPT:TOP MOUNT SINGLE (1) Diagram and Parts
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X