DT 140 - Fuel injector pump will not shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 140 - Fuel injector pump will not shut down

I bought a used DT 140 with fuel injection from a seemingly honest guy. The motor has turned into something of a nightmare as a number of issues have cropped up since mounting it and getting it running. The issue that is driving me crazy at the moment is the high pressure fuel pump. It runs as soon as the battery is turned on and will not shut down. I have spent hours, tens of hours actually, tracing every wire and cannot find anything that is not connected properly. The pump has two wires that are hard wired to the ECU. The main power to the ECU comes off of the battery side of the solenoid. I'm about ready to jump the pump to any connection that is hot only when the ignition switch is on. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

That model the ecu controls the fuel pump. The only way you can correct this problem is by replacing the ECU. You can try unpluging the main harness to the key switch to see if maybe it is the key switch telling the computer to turn on the fuel pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Supposedly the ecu is brand new. Supposedly a lot of parts are brand new. This is only the first of many issues that this motor seems to have. I am hoping that the other issues (slow planing, slow speed overall, engine dying, oily plugs, etc...) are related to this issue. The previous owner made a project out of this motor because of an overheating issue. He claims to have solved that problem after much investigation, work and cost. It has good compression and spark on all cylinders. It starts and seems to run just fine on muffs and under no load when in water. It sounds good when I take off. I get an indicated 6k+ on the tach when I throw it down. The boat climbs but the nose never comes all the way down. She'll start to bog down after a minute or two, then die. Once dead it takes at least 20 minutes of pumping the bulb and cranking the starter to get going again. The injector pump never shuts down unless I turn off the battery. Does the float in the vapor separator control the pump? Do you know where I can find a dedicated service manual for this model and year? I have the Clymer and the Seloc. There are too many models covered in each for me to follow with my limited mechanical abilities.

Comment

The following link sell factory service manuals.

Genuine Suzuki Manuals

The vapor float does not control the fuel pump.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X