Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Problem with DF225

I have a 04' DF225 on a 21.5 Kencraft.
    Last year at the end of season, I noticed that one time, I needed to pump the fuel bulb(Prime)to keep the motor running during loading. I didn't think too much about it cause it was only once. This year, I've run the boat 3 times & every time, I've needed to prime the motor to keep it running.

I prime the fuel bulb full, I get the boat up on plane, it runs for 10-20 seconds then dies. I can see the fuel level in the bulb lowering about 1/2" from the top about the time she dies.

I have removed the low pressure fuel pump & bench tested it. It works fine.
    When I connect it to the motor & turn the key to ON, it runs for a few rotations & the STOPS. Not sure if there is a sensor controling this???
    I'm thinking of removing the primer bulb & installing an In-Line, Low Pressure, fuel pump.
    ANY IDEAS!!!!!!

Thanks.

have you tested the fuel pressure

Comment

225 fuel issue

I had the same thing on my twin 225's. I would prime; it would run a little and die. I noticed when I primed there was fuel coming out of the top on the "plastic" container that holds the fuel filter and screws in. I had just had it serviced. I tried to used it and it would not go. I called the mechanic a little upset. He came by.
      Problem: the Ethanol had made the plastic swell. When it was unscrewed for a new fuel filter it would not seat properly b/c it expanded.
      Quick fix: The mechanic took some heavy grit sandpaper and sanded down the top of the plastic container. I could see the shavings coming off. Put it back on and primed... it did it again. Sand some more. After a few times it went in and primed fine and ran (both motors). Complete fix would be to buy the filter kit. About $140
      This was my first and so far only ethanol problem. I asked him if it would happen again. He said not while it is screwed in. It can't expand. It "may" do it again when you unscrew and change filters.
      Hope that helped....

Comment

I'll try it Today & see what happens.
        Thanks!

Comment

Df225

Hi there are a couple of possibilies with the fuel problem you metioned (stingray 13 &JasonR)
          1 the fuel filter in the sight bowle on the motor there is a little o-ring in the top that if not replaced in the new filter can cause problems.
          2 recently I had the chain from the filler cap come off and go into the tank this then caused the primer pump to restrict in and within a few seconds suck the primer in completely, this in turn starved the motor.
          The problem was that it would only do this at high RPM (Beyond 4800rpm)

removed from tank all good.

Comment

Working...
          X