DF25 V-Twin, Needs Help! Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF25 V-Twin, Needs Help! Please!

Ok, I used the manual and rebuilt the carb with all new parts. I replaced the fuel filter, Fuel pump, gas tank, fuel lines. Changed the spark plugs and oil, oil filter. So while it was in the drive way it startes up now and when I run it through the settings with the water hooked up, it works great. So this morning I put it in the bay to do a maintenance run while checking the pwoer settings.
    So in idle, it's good. As I advance the throttle up it works good all the way up to about a 1/3 of the setting. Then the motor just dies. Why is this? What am I missing here??????

Please help me out because this is my first outboard motor and I really like to work on motors.

thanks,

Michael

Does it stay running if you release the throttle, or does it still shut off? Will it start right back up?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

When I pull the throttle back it stays running and it will start back up right away.

Comment

varify all your timing advance linkages and base are moving and working properly.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok Did that. Removed carb again and cleaned it again but this time i soaked it and really cleaned it. Boat sounds a little better then before but now cuts out at around 2/3's power setting. Now what to do????????

Comment

At this point you should take to a Suzuki service department.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I had a similar problem as you had originally. You have to remove the jets and physically clean them out. I found that the mid range jet/ auxiliary jet (don't have my manual handy), the one under the rubber cap, was partially clogged. I had soaked the jets overnight and didn't expect that. I think I used a plastic bristle from a wisk broom to poke it out. Don't use anything metal.

I think the fuel in my area is the problem. I can't get ethanol free gas. Whatever is in the gas does a number on these jets. The passages are very fine and clog easily.

I've seen several posts similar to this so I thought I would pass on this tip. I may buy a new set of jets and keep a spare set handy because I have to do this all the time when I can't run my engine regularly. Also, the local Suzuki mechanic told me to drill out the protective cap on the idle mixture screw and open it a turn. These run way too lean at idle and it is the only way to get them to rev up smoothly from idle. I, of course, would never do this because it messes up the EPA certification of the engine.

Comment

Working...
              X