2003 225 oil light/rev limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 225 oil light/rev limit

I just purchased a 24 laguna Sea Ray with a 2003 225 Suzuki that had been sitting since Dec 2011.....total hours since new is less than 50 hrs..

I drained all the fuel, replaced all the fuel lines and filters and put 30 gallons of REAL fuel in it....on the hose it fired up ran nice, put it in the water and idled out for about 3 miles, got up on plane and went for about 3 miles at 4600 RPM then trimmed the motor out a little bit and the oil light started to flash and then went solid and the rev limit kicked in....I went back to neutral and started again ran fine but at times the oil light would flash??? Went back in researched and found a few things..

Today I went out again, same idle put the boat on plane and drive for over 10 miles with the oil light flashing from time to time but no issues...on the way back about 3 miles from the house, the oil light went full red and the rev limit kicked in...I could not get over 2500 rpm again after stopping and starting like before....I pulled the cowling and the heads were easy to touch, no odd noises, and I can see it is using oil...idled home and figured I would try seeing if you guys have any answers...

Thanks
    Neal....
    SW FL...

That engine has an oil flow sensor and if it see's less than normal oil flow it will trip the light and rev alarm...it will drop the rpm back to 3000. I would have the sensor replaced or checked before you burn anything up

Comment

Thanks.....I keep seeing sensor, I will it checked asap.

Comment

Working...
      X