DF50 Just quit - elp !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF50 Just quit - elp !

This engine has only a little over 100 hrs. on it and is in mint condition.
    In the Fall of 2010 I winterized my engine and put stabilizer in the fuel.
    In the Spring and Fall of 2011 I pulled it out of the garage and ran it on the ear muffs.
    This Spring and again a week ago I ran it and took it to the boat launch.
    All was fine until I attempted to take it off idle and get up and running.
    It would not take the load of getting the boat running, felt like it was not running on all three cylinders and then little by little over the next couple hundred yards it got progressively worse to the point where it was completely dead.

I have started going through the basics and as far as the fuel system goes I have fuel delivery all the way through the high pressure filter.
    I smell fuel after cranking for a while.
    I have tried to check for spark by laying a spark plug on top of the engine with the coil mounting hole and spark plug grounded with clamps but there seems to be no spark at all.

The engine cranks, the neutral switch is OK, the kill switch is OK, the main 30A. fuse is OK, and the main ECM relay clicks when the key is turned on.

Amy ideas????

Thanks in advance for your help.

my first guess would be bad fuel/water in fuel, especially seeing as you just got it running after a lay up, and it went for a while, can you try another remote tank, complete with fresh fuel and hose?

Comment

The fuel separator and filtr were changed, there is no water.
      I don't believe I have any spark.
      Fuel problems have been eliminated.

Comment

Working...
      X