Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 DT140 running very bad and has oil in exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 DT140 running very bad and has oil in exhaust.

I have 99 DT140 and the last time I took it out it was running great then it suddenly started running very rough and died. I was able to get it started by giving it more throttle while starting and limped back to the ramp. Thought it might be bad gass or plugs and changed both. I was barely able to get the engine started but did by again giving it more throttle. It will not idle on it's own and I need to keep feathering the throttle to keep it running. When I checked the exhaust coming through the prop I noticed a decent amount of oil mixed in with the exhaust. Does anybody have any suggestions on what this could be.

check to see if there is oil in the intake manifold. does it run worse the longer you run? are the plugs fouling/wet?

Comment

Suzuki outboard dt140. Same issue

Hi. I read your problem you had last year with oil in your exhaust and stalling at idle. Always have to give it throttle to keep it going. I just wanted to know what the problem was or what was wrong. Was it your reed valves? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

How did you resolve your problem? I have the same issue. Thanks

Comment

Oil in exhaust

I have a DT 140 that did exact same things and was getting water in cylinder. Pulled exhaust cover gasket and power head to check for coorision and gaskets for leaks. Pulled head cover and still can not find where the water is entering, but just saying you could have a cylinder being water logged if you still have fuel delivery and fire. Pull plugs and peak into cylinder with flashlight and see if any piston looks shinny or clean and not some what sooted up. Might shed some insight. Just saying from my most recent experience.

Comment

Working...
          X