Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 2003 2 stroke oil filter/sensor

can you clean? how hard to change instructions

The whole sensor assy is 20 bucks..google 16250-94710 Its a white block about 2 inches across with an oil hose in and out and 2 wires off the top. It sits on the bottom of the engine just fwd of and beneath the shift linkages...under the intake...I think mine is the cause of a 2 year problem...will know within the hour

Comment

I have one on order....22 bucks...gets here tomorrow.

I am sure this is the issue with mine, let me know.

Comment

During t/s I found the brown wire at my smartgauge not connected to anything..this is the signal in from the oil flow sensor
        HA_HA_HA...that would have been too simple. I connected the pink wire to the brown wire on my smartgauge...disconnected the oil sensor and jumpered the two harness wires..the oil light and buzzer come on...reconnected the sensor and went for a ride. At 3500 rpm the motor misses and stumbles..no oil light or buzzer...disconnected the sensor totally and the motor still misses at 3500...the endless troubleshooting adventure

Comment

did you already replace the oil sensor? and still issues?

Comment

I didn't have to replace it...I disconnected it and my engine missing issue remained, and while it was connected I never got an oil light or buzzer. NOTE...when you replace the sensor, you have to bleed the air out of the sensor you just installed and suzuki wants you to run a 6 gallon portable tank with 50 to 1 oil premix just in case and until you verify that all the air is out of your oil pump and you are supplying full oil to the bearings

Comment

That makes sense to bleed the air out...I can just run oil in the gas I have in there....20 gallon or so....Thanks not sure this is the issue but I am guessing it is....like you have posted it is a crap shoot with no codes to rely on....

my biggest worry is the clamps that are around the sensor? Not sure I have the tool to remove them and reuse? and not sure I can find that small of hose clamp to work properly...I will find out by tonight..

Comment

They are just squeeze type hose clamps...Ace hardware should have them, but not sure if they saltwater resistant....old ones should be good...needle nose totake them off

Comment

Thanks SeaOx....of course I call the dealer and they said they had my part...I drive 22 miles no part maybe tomorrow....Oh well you have to love the Marine Dealers..

Comment

Well replacing the oil/sensor did the trick, boat ran great easy fix $20 bucks and done...!!

Comment

Working...
                    X