fuel flow sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel flow sensor

need info, whether the fuel flow sensor located on SUZUKI SMIS standard?
    if not, what is the part number for that sensor..??

I might be wrong, but I believe that the fuel flow info sent by the engine to the SMIS gauges is sent by the ECM, based on injector pulse duration. The pulse width is not the most accurate means of measuring fuel flow, but once calibrated on the Suzuki SMIS gauges, accuracy should be within 1-2%.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

yea, you are right Mike, Therefore I need a fuel flow sensor to get accurate results..do you know where i can buy it??

Comment

Well, the problem with any of the fuel flow sensors that you install in the feed line is that the low pressure pump of our Suzukis constantly cycles off and on, as the level of the reservoir in the VST goes up and down. Not all outboards are made with dual fuel pumps, but those that are do not work with any of the aftermarket sensors, such as FloScan or the Garmin GFS10. Those sensors will constantly cycle between "x" fuel flow and zero fuel flow as the low pressure pump cycles. Faria makes a sensor that has the function of setting the time interval between samples, so it might possibly work with the dual pump outboards. But all in all I think Suzuki's own SMIS gauges, once calibrated, are probably the most reliable and accurate reading that you'll find. I presently have my Garmin chartplotter reading fuel flow from ECM via the NMEA 2000 system, and just found out that the accuracy is way off. I ran it out of gas, on a 60 gallon tank, when the indication was that it still had 15 gallons remaining, based on fuel flow. Since there is no way to calibrate the Garmin to the ECM output (as there is on Suzuki's SMIS gauges) I guess I'm going to have to spring for a Suzuki 4" combo SMIS gauge for fuel monitoring. There's also a lot more of the engine functions that I can monitor with the gauge that the Garmin can't handle, so that's just one more reason to go with the gauge.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X