Please help wiring tach 04 DF140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help wiring tach 04 DF140

Hello, I have just installed a df 140 with all new harnesses and gauges. I cannot seem to figure out the tach wiring. Schematic shows a four wire whip that connects to the following.
    Bl/b to B
    Pink to orange. There is no spare orange to connect to at this point of the harness.
    G/w to grey
    G/y to something I can't remember right now.

When I connect these wires like this the dummy lights light up and stay lit. The motor runs fine but I need these lights to work properly.

It's the only year schematic that shows wires connecting to different colored wires. Any how, I think that these are the wires for the dummy lights on the tach. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

See attached sketch. This may help clear up any confusion with my original post. I really need help here. I have never rigged a motor up from scratch. I removed my old tired johnson 2 stroke and installed a brand new 2004 DF140 with 0 hours on it. It has never had oil in it. I got it off of a friend that bought it new back in 04 but never used it. I pulled it out of the crate and found a rats nest in it lol. Please help with this wiring issue.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the correct schamatic for the 04. In the above post, I accidently uploaded the 05 schematic.
      Attached Files

Comment

This has got to be the worst, slowest forum I have ever been on.

Comment

The Tack lead is the Y/B wire on the ecu, this converts to the Y wire at the tach.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Anybody happen to have a 2002 df140 wiring schematic for the tach? having a hard time getting mines to work. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X