Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series single beep buzz with no warning light

Hi, Everyone,

I just join the forum today and we are the beginner of boating.

We bought a 2005 World CAT 250DC with twin Suzuki DF140 engines, the previous owner took care the boat in very good shape and we love the boat so far. One of the engines suddenly developed a series single beep buzz with no warning light flashing yesterday. The engine was running smoothly, no sight of over heating or lacking of oil. The single beep sound happened constantly when the ignition key was at "ON" position with either engine running or not running. The beeping sound could not be canceled by pushing the ignition key in. The other engine is OK with no buzz sound occurs.

What could be wrong with the engine? Is it just a service reminder buzz? I looked over the DF140 service manual, I could not find the reason of the single series beeping buzz with no the warning light flashing.

Thanks and regards,
    Eccove

Originally posted by eccove View Post
    Hi, Everyone,

I just join the forum today and we are the beginner of boating.

We bought a 2005 World CAT 250DC with twin Suzuki DF140 engines, the previous owner took care the boat in very good shape and we love the boat so far. One of the engines suddenly developed a series single beep buzz with no warning light flashing yesterday. The engine was running smoothly, no sight of over heating or lacking of oil. The single beep sound happened constantly when the ignition key was at "ON" position with either engine running or not running. The beeping sound could not be canceled by pushing the ignition key in. The other engine is OK with no buzz sound occurs.

What could be wrong with the engine? Is it just a service reminder buzz? I looked over the DF140 service manual, I could not find the reason of the single series beeping buzz with no the warning light flashing.

Thanks and regards,
    Eccove
    I have a DF 60 with the same symtoms....and no solution so far...

Comment

this site is horrible for information...you are better off on the hull truth

sorry but if you post an issue you have to wait days for a so called tech....Seaox was the only one that even responded to my issue, no so called tech has responded...Best of Luck they are great motors, I am sure it is just a reset.....but google the hull truth and try there.. more Suzuki owners for sure.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
        My issue is exactly same as rasti70 posted couple days ago, except that my beeping interval is around 2-3 seconds instead of 5 seconds. From the service manual, all cautions and self-diagnostic systems are associated with the warning lamp pattern but in my case that lamp has no flashing at all. From the service manual self-diagnostic system (3-27 in my manual), the buss sounds seem to fit with priority 9 - Rectifier & regulator, however the lamp has never flashed either engine is running or not running. I wonder where to see the code number other than hook up to the dealer' computer. Anyway, the engines on my boat is due for service, so I guess it is time to spend the money at Suzuki dealer.

Comment

Thehulltruth is more a place to just talk about "stuff" these days, very little help there, unless you happen to find someone who has had your problem and will share! you need to remember all the help offered is FREE and may take time, as long as "we" still keep posting and trying to help each other, then eventually we will build a bit of a sound record of known problems and issues.

Comment

False alarm.
            I had Suzuki technician checked the FD140 engine and found the single series buzz sound was not from engine, it came from the Faria fuel management system to indicate the low fuel level. The confusion was that the fuel level gauge on board showed half tank left. I have to do somework to reconcile the fuel management system with the fuel level gauge. The Suzuki engine buzz has different tone but I could not differentiate the source where the buzz came from. Many things to be learned when you became a boat owner.

Many thanks for the replys.

Regards,
            Eccove

Comment

According to my book the single series alarm at .5 seconds is low battery warning. When the computer senses less than 9 volts it will sound the alarm. Also if you put your key in the ingnition and turn it (do not crank the motor you may get the code if it is another).

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by theharvester View Post
                According to my book the single series alarm at .5 seconds is low battery warning. When the computer senses less than 9 volts it will sound the alarm. Also if you put your key in the ingnition and turn it (do not crank the motor you may get the code if it is another).

Chris
                if this was a (low voltage or whatsoever) alarm, the light should also be blinking with this error code. But there is no blinking light so I assume it is not an error code

Comment

If the series single beep buzz but with no warning light (code), then I think the buzz came from other issue other than the Suzuki engine such as what happened to me - the low fuel warning.

Comment

Suzuki df140 single beep

I have the same issue with my suzuki df140 beeps every 7 seconds with key on when running or not, no lights on. Anyone have luck figuring this out. Batteries are fully charged.

Comment

You need to reset your oil change reminder.

Comment

I did that, it didn't work, any other ideas?

Comment

I'd love to know this answer myself
                          My DF70 just started doing the same thing. Engine NOT running . Key in ON position. single long BEEP every 7 seconds.

Comment

Some folks have trouble resetting the oil change reminder. I believe it is because they do not release the kill switch button between each of the three pulls described in the procedure. The kill switch only makes electrical contact when the spring causes it to retract. Pulling on the switch does nothing except separate the "kill" contacts, yet the procedure calls for pulling on the button three times. What they should have said is, pull out and let it snap in, and repeat two more times. This is done with the key on, engine off. If you get it right you will hear a beep.

Comment

I just put a note on another thread
                              The 1-1 error code indicates a rectifier & regulator problem
                              The resolve is to check wiring pins with a OHM meter
                              I could suggest checking all the Connections first to make sure no corrosion problems
                              If the ohm readings are not correct the manual tells you to replace the rectifier/regulator
                              Art

Comment

Working...
                              X