Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust port next to pilot water tube outlet

Hello all,

Just trying to figure out the purpose of the small exhaust port, next to the pilot water tube (or pee hole outlet) on my DF140. I have never paid much attention to it before, but this weekend I had my boat in the water and after engine start I always check to make sure water is peeing out of the pilot water tube, and I noticed some water spraying out of the exhaust port, adjacent to the pee hole. It didn't seem right, and I was hesitant to take the boat out, but the water spray didn't last long and the engine seemed to be running just fine, so we went out and spent the afternoon on the boat without event.

Now this has grabbed my curiosity and I want to figure out 1. the purpose of this exhaust port and 2. whether something is wrong with my engine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe it is there primarily to bleed off some exhaust back pressure to help with the idle.

Comment

So it's probably not good that water came out of here shortly after start up, eh?

Comment

Water joins the exhaust up in the power head, so some water should come out of the bypass, in my opinion. I am not sure why it doesn't come out when the engine is warm. I would expect it would.

Comment

Originally posted by nelbur View Post
          Water joins the exhaust up in the power head, so some water should come out of the bypass, in my opinion. I am not sure why it doesn't come out when the engine is warm. I would expect it would.
          Well something I should keep an eye on. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X