Suzuki DF140 code 32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF140 code 32?

Hello, I am new to this forum and hope to not only get some answers but also contribute as well. I have a 2006 DF140 with 280 hrs on it that is giving me a code 32 and is idling rough. Background in case it helps: Motor had a complete service 2 years ago and was run for about 3 hours before being put in storage for 2 years. I pulled it out, replaced the gas in the tank and ran it for about 5 min. on dog ears where it ran smooth and had water coming out of pilot hole. After using it for a couple of hours I notice the pilot nozzle was missing, but water was still coming out. I called the dealer which was 2 hours away and was told it was fine to continue running it without the nozzle. After running it for an hour or so at higher rpms, I brought it back to idle. It ran fine for a few min. and then started idling rough and the check engine light started beeping 3 flashes, and then 2. I assume this is a code 32, but my owners manual does not give me the codes. The engine did not feel overly warm after running, but I did notice that less water seemed to be coming from the hole. I would take it to the dealer but as I said, over 2 hours away and a 2 week waiting list. Any thoughts as to what I should do and also where I can get a manual on CD? Thanks for the help and use of the forum.

Code 3-2 is MAP sensor 2, may need to remove sensor and clean passage.
    Can get manuals at Genuine Suzuki Manuals
    Last edited by boats.net; 08-11-2012, 02:49 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

There are CD manuals available on Ebay for $8-$10.

Comment

Oiled up MAP sensor?

I pulled the map sensor located on the intake manifold and it was clean other than some oil. The oil in the sensor hole looked clean/fresh (not as if it had been there long). I checked the oil level on the engine and it is still marked at full and does not seem to have any signs of water in it.
        I have 3 questions:
        1= is it normal to have some oil in the intake manifold?
        2= is there more than 1 map sensor on the DF140?
        3= I have read posts regarding a corroded plug in the engine holder causing the code 32, do I need to worry about this as well considering mine is an 06 model or did Suzuki remedy the problem by then?

Thank you again for the help!

Comment

Map

Remove cowling and check engine holder for corrosine , age or hours makes no difference when it comes to this mater. I have read that engins with as little as 200 hours have suffered with this .Try running engine with out engine cover, if it runs better then its suffocating in exhuast fumes

Comment

Test run tomorrow

I cleaned the oil out of the MAP sensor hole and then removed the lower cowling and found no evidence of an exhaust leak around the plugs on the engine holder. I was able to unclog the water pilot duct somewhat, but still does not seem like much water coming out. After the last post I started wondering if the fact that I do not have a pilot tube sticking out past the cowling could be sending exhaust gas back up into the main cowling and maybe that is what is tripping the sensor. After fitting a couple of pieces of pvc pipe into the holes I ran the motor for about 10 minutes on dog ears and the sensor never tripped. I am going to take it to the lake tomorrow for a real test and see if that solved the problem. Not sure if it had to do with the oil in the MAP sensor area or if was exhaust gas, I guess I should have tried the engine after each step. Live and learn, but who cares as long as it is fixed! Thanks again for all the help and wish me luck.

Comment

Ok so far!

Seems to be ok, Ran the motor at the lake for a couple of hours and the alarm never sounded. I had to make a makeshift pee-tube since I lost mine. The water takes about a minute or two to start coming out of the tube, is this normal or should it spray immediately after the engine is started? I am a little concerned that there does not seem to be as much water coming out as should be. Also, the water was fairly warm/hot, and I do not remember it getting that warm. Could be I still have a partial blockage in cooling system somewhere, or it could just be that I never really paid much attention to it before this occurred. Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyduk View Post
                There are CD manuals available on Ebay for $8-$10.
                from my experience, Ebay CD manuals are rubbish, just cheap hard to see copies, better off without a manual than to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
                  Remove cowling and check engine holder for corrosine , age or hours makes no difference when it comes to this mater. I have read that engins with as little as 200 hours have suffered with this .Try running engine with out engine cover, if it runs better then its suffocating in exhuast fumes
                  This sounds like the problem I started having this weekend. Do you know how the exhaust leaks were identified and fixed?

Comment

Seems to be fixed

I never found any exhaust leak on mine. I only found that the hole that the MAP sensor sits in on the intake manifold had oil in it which seemed to be blocking the small hole that the sensor uses to test the air. After cleaning it out the engine seems to be running fine, and in fact seems to have more power and quicker response than I remember (but that could be my imagination). I am not sure how or why the oil got into the intake, and hopefully that is not an indication of a bigger problem that is yet to come. I also used a piece of 3/8" hydraulic tubing about 2.5" in length to extend the exhaust port and the pee tube. On the pee tube side I used a 90 degree elbow that was capped off at the end and drilled a 1/8" hole in it. It may not look as good as factory, but squirts water out just like the factory nozzle and the stream is easier to see when idling. The piece I put on the exhaust hole next to to pee nozzle extends farther than the original which does not let the exhaust gasses pull back up into the engine shroud. I am not sure which one of the fixes solved my problem, but I have had the boat out several times and so far have not had the alarm sound again. Hopefully this will help you, or at least save you some time and/or money. Good luck!

Comment

I bought one of the CD manuals off of Ebay for my DF140 and Df175. They are the factory manuals in PDF form and work perfectly. And they are searchable by subject etc. FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                      X